Can't Find what you're looking for? Try our Search....
A book review by Joe Frasketi, Jr. of SPACE CRAFT
SPACE CRAFT COVERS:
A Monograph and Catalog
Revised and updated second edition
by Charles J. Vukotich, Jr.
Charles J. Vukotich, Jr.
- Space Craft Covers (SCC) have always been the
Cadillac of the hobby, covering the "golden age" of space
exploration. The first edition of this work has now become a
standard reference work on this popular series of cacheted
covers, and has long been out of print. Chuck Vukotich has
now delivered on the long promised second edition.
- This is the complete reference book on Space Craft
and Swanson designed cacheted covers. The second edition
presents many new discoveries not in the first edition, and
much new Space Craft lore.
- The section on non-SCC Swanson covers is also greatly
expanded. There are completely new sections on Space Craft
collectibles and Swanson rubber stamp designs. The catalog
section is expanded to include information on cancel types
(hand or machine).
- Prices have been updated to reflect the latest
auctions and dealer sales.
- The first edition was created at the very beginning
of the word processing revolution, and is crude in
comparison. The second edition makes full use of the PC and
is much cleaner than the first. The catalog section has a
better presentation style, making it very easy to use.
- The work does not illustrate all SCC cachets, but
rather those which are unusual or of major interest.The
illustrations are 25% of actual size, but sufficient for
- Two nice touches are the use of deluxe coil binding
and a cover front reproducing an early piece of space art by
Carl Swanson in full color. There are 82 pages to this
catalog that should be in every collectors space reference
- $32 (postpaid by Priority Mail in US)
- $42 (postpaid by Priority Mail, non-US addresses)
- Order from:
635 Ridgefield Avenue, Dept. JF
Pittsburgh, PA 15216-1161